Berkeley CSUA MOTD:Entry 27033
Berkeley CSUA MOTD
2019/08/23 [General] UID:1000 Activity:popular

2003/1/8-9 [Science] UID:27033 Activity:low
1/8     I was in a medical office recently, and saw that they had screens
        that could only be viewed straight-on, and looked totally blurry
        from all other angles.  What is the name of this technology?
        I want to know how it works, but don't even know what to search
        \_ I don't know what it's called, but you've been able to buy
           privacy screens that tack onto monitors for a long time now.  -John
        \_ It's called cheap old LCD's
           \_ I was gunna say that.
        \_ If it's a screen filter in front of a regular CRT monitor, it just
           has some microscopic honeycomb grids.  It works the same way as the
           metal grids instaled on the center dividers of some freeways.  I
           metal grids installed on the center dividers of some freeways.  I
           don't know what the technology is called either.
2019/08/23 [General] UID:1000 Activity:popular

You may also be interested in these entries...
2012/6/26-7/20 [Science/GlobalWarming] UID:54422 Activity:nil
6/26    WW2 brought us antibiotics, syringe, production capacity,
        excessive petroleum, radar, television, atomic energy,
        rocketry (HEIL VON BRAUN), synthetic rubber, microwave,
        computers (GAY TURING), jets.
        What did the Iraq war bring us?
        \_ HMMWV -> Hummer H1 the gas guzzler.
2012/3/8-26 [Science/Space, Science/GlobalWarming] UID:54334 Activity:nil
3/8     "Invisible Mercedes brings James Bond technology to life" (
        How many years and dollars have our military spent on trying to achieve
        the same thing and yet still haven't gotten any result!?  Now a
        civilian company has done it, and they did it even merely for